Hadoop has become the platform of choice for companies looking to harness the power of big data. However, if you're considering a strategic investment in Hadoop, it's important to understand the different ways Hadoop can be purchased and deployed. This paper takes a deep dive into the intricacies of Hadoop, and recommends how to evaluate Hadoop's platform offerings so you can meet your short-term goals and long-term architectural plans.
In a nutshell, you'll learn how to ferret out the differences that matter to your business, including:
- How Hadoop bridges the production gap to enterprise quality
- Innovations in open source delivery models
- Which model is the most innovative and delivers the best product
- Unique challenges of the Hadoop ecosystem
- Key differences between the Hadoop delivery models
Sponsor: MapR Technologies