Whether it's a HIPAA/HITECH, Sarbanes Oxley, Gramm-Leach-Bliley violation, or a State breach notification law, a data breach can have substantial legal and financial consequences, regardless of industry. All it takes is a single security lapse and the next thing you know, you're trending on Twitter (and not in a good way), and your CEO is resigning.
Just ask the former CEO and the CIO at Target, that data breach affected some 110 million people. Thanks to the breach, Target saw its sales drop to their lowest point in three years...and the jury's still out in terms of regulatory and civil penalties.
But it doesn't have to be this way. On July 22nd, join Stephen Treglia, Legal Counsel at Absolute Software and former Assistant DA, Chief, Technology Crime Unit in New York, for an in-depth look at:
* Why every data breach to-date has been settled out of court
* Why regulators care about the security protocols you had in place before a data breach ever occurs
* Technical options to consider that could help you minimize - or even avoid - damaging outcomes
* Other vulnerabilities that should be considered when responding to a security incident
* Stephen Treglia, Legal Counsel, Absolute Software
* Geoff Glave, Senior Product Manager, Absolute Software
Continue the conversation. Be sure to join us for a follow-up Ask Me Anything (AMA) session with Stephen Treglia on Thursday, July 24th at 10:00 am PDT in the Absolute Software LinkedIn Group. Stephen will deconstruct a high profile data breach and show the phases of impact that continue to occur even years after the event.
Sponsor: Absolute Software Corporation